Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How much responsibility do I (20sF) have to my husband (20M) to "be attractive"

EDIT: my husband is not 20, he's in his 20s like me. No crazy age gap here.

So husband and I have been married a couple years, together almost 10. Like a lot of couples during quarantine, we're both sitting around the house, working from home, and not having much sex. TBH we aren't a super sexual couple anyway but it's definitely been lower now. Stress, etc, especially on my husband's side. Makes sense.

I was talking about this and other things to a girl friend over the phone. Basically talking about how I've become quite 'homely' during this quarantine. I live in oversized pajamas, don't brush my hair, haven't worn a bra so the girls are sloppy. In general I don't consider myself super attractive, I'm a bit overweight, bad skin, receding hairline (yes, as a mid-20s woman I have a fucking receding hairline, I hate it).

At first my friend was laughing with me and then she said "maybe this is why you aren't having sex" and she started talking about how couples owe it to each other to stay attractive. Do we really, though? As long as you're clean, hygienic, decent health, etc do you really owe it to another person to be "attractive"? That just seems like a tall order, especially when we're sitting around the house. My husband is the type that shaves and gets dressed every day even when we're at home, but that's him, I personally think it's overkill but that's who he is.

I know every marriage is different, but in general, do we owe it to our partners to be attractive even if we don't want to be? I fully understand if this means low/no sex drive, that's understandable, but I feel like it's a choice to make. A trade-off.

tl;dr Quarantine chic involves not really trying with my appearance. Do I owe it to my husband to try harder?



Submitted April 22, 2020 at 01:39PM by IntelligentVirus7 https://ift.tt/3aswRFT
How much responsibility do I (20sF) have to my husband (20M) to "be attractive" How much responsibility do I (20sF) have to my husband (20M) to "be attractive" Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.