Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I [24f] help my husband [24m] learn more about cooking, food, and helping out in the kitchen?

Friends. Help. How the heck do I [24f] get my husband [24m] to care about food???

I grew up in a family that gardened, cooked fresh food, ate the same meals, and made really delicious food. My mom ran a catering business. My husband's family lived off of fast food and boxed dinner and soda for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He just used the oven for the first time last year, and I had to teach him how to crack an egg because no one taught him the basics. He's 170lbs, 6'3, and has a super high metabolism (and in the military), so he thinks the food he eats doesn't matter. We went on vacation a few weeks ago and I was frustrated because for all these cool restaurants we were in walking distance of, he only wanted to get pizza or tacos - and never experimental, just beef and cheese and pepperoni on the pizza. So that's what we got, because I can find something anywhere but he is hard to please. I'm someone that always tries new food and I do all of our cooking because he doesn't know how, and he doesn't seem to care about learning. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking so much, but it'd be nice to not feel like it's either my cooking or fast food, ya know? Plus if I don't cook or I'm out of town, he either eats fast food or simply doesn't eat. I'm currently deathly ill on the couch with the flu and I asked if he would make me soup in the instant pot. I have the recipe (cut stuff, throw it in the pot, press go) and all the ingredients. I asked him if he would make me soup. He said yes, sat on his phone, and now he's laying on the floor asleep. So I'll make food again, that he won't eat, even really sick. I said I'd make some for both of us, and he said no, that he wanted pizza. I know it might sound selfish (and maybe I am being selfish) but I wish he cared more about food and if nothing else, I wish he cared about just trying for me. Trying cooking, trying anything to help out, trying to eat together, trying new things. We don't have kids yet but when we do, I'm worried he'll be this same way. I'm emotional because I'm so sick, but I'd love advice. How do I try to have this conversation with him? Am I wrong for being a little frustrated? Is there a way to get through to him about the impact of what he eats? Help.

(PS- he's supportive and loving and brought me a bunch of stuff from the store last night on his way home from work. We've only been married a little over a year, so this might just be us working out kinks. In so many ways, he's perfect and the best. This is, and always has been, a contention point with us.)

TLDR; My husband doesn't know how to cook and doesn't care to learn, eats fast food only or just won't eat if I don't provide food.



Submitted September 20, 2019 at 03:23PM by tnbou https://ift.tt/2OcVxL9
How can I [24f] help my husband [24m] learn more about cooking, food, and helping out in the kitchen? How can I [24f] help my husband [24m] learn more about cooking, food, and helping out in the kitchen? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 21, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.