Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28F) roommate (35F) didn't tell me her partner (M/not sure about age) and his kids moved in. How to handle this?

I moved in with my roommate last year when it was just her and her brother. I wanted a place that was quiet and clean. I work a shift schedule so having quiet times in the night is very important. I know I am a bit of a push over and there have been countless of parties which kept me up until early in the morning even though I have to get up at 5am. She eventually kicked her brother out for many reasons like not cleaning, leaving dirty dishes in the kitchen, not flushing the toilet, and more. For about 6 months it was just me and her in this 3 bed duplex. The parties and multiple stay overs with friends and dates still occurred.

A month and a half ago this guy showed up. I am terrible with names and at this point several men have already stayed over. I thought he will just be here for the weekend. My roommate told me a few days later that this guy will be here for a week, gone for a week after, then stay for another week after that. I said, "Okay, that's fine. He's very quiet and I'm fine with that." Two weeks, 1 month, then more and he's still here. My roommate has been increasingly quiet and distant with me even though we used to chat a lot and were very friendly with each other. We just say hi and go about our days. Last night, I come home at 11:30pm. I went upstairs and saw her and some kid in the kitchen. I said hi and went upstairs because I was extremely exhausted for being up since 6am. I went upstairs and saw her partner building a bunk bed. It dawned on me that her partner and his kids (for sure 2 but I think he has 3 kids) are staying for some time, maybe actually moving in. My roommate or her partner never once mentioned this or even hinted this being the case. I felt so terrible last night for being so upset but I really was. I wish she had told me. I talked to her partner once before and he seems to be in a difficult financial situation. I would have totally understood and accepted the whole thing if they had informed me. Because then it would given me enough time to find another place. I would still move out whether they told me or not because I need a quiet place, enough room in the fridge, place that I feel comfortable in, etc.

Any thoughts? I am already checking ads online and messaged a handful of landlords. I want to move out asap and no later than Nov 1. I am on a month to month contract and I need 1 month notice. But several available places are up but for Oct 1st. I will have to sit down with her and tell her that I would like to move out asap. How would I phrase it?

TL;DR

My roommates partner and his kids (2 for sure but most likely 3) moved in without my knowledge. I thought that her partner was only staying over for a couple of weeks when she told me. I have to move out asap but I am in a month to month agreement with her and need a month's notice. I never signed a lease. How do I handle this?



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 10:18AM by pmslady https://ift.tt/2m8wvkO
My (28F) roommate (35F) didn't tell me her partner (M/not sure about age) and his kids moved in. How to handle this? My (28F) roommate (35F) didn't tell me her partner (M/not sure about age) and his kids moved in. How to handle this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.