Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (20M) came out to my GF (21F) as bi, she reacted negatively. What now?

Okay, so I’ve (20M) been pretty confused about my sexuality the last few years or so mainly because I had never really been in a relationship or had the chance to figure out my sexuality anyway. I came to the conclusion I must be bisexual though because I’ve been around enough guys and had that feeling of “Oh wow, he’s really handsome...” too many times.

So I didn’t really feel comfortable telling my family right away because while I’m sure they’d be accepting, they’ve never known me to have any sort of attraction to males and would know doubt be a little melodramatic about the shock of it all (just how my family is).

I figure telling my GF (21F) would be easier since we’ve been together for almost a year and I’ve known her to be supportive of the LGBT community. It obviously changes nothing between us either, I’m attracted to her first and foremost and love her very much. Right away it wasn’t the reaction I expected. She was just like “oh well okay... no problem!” It was sort of awkward and she seemed a little put off by it.

I decided to just shelf the issue but things between us had been a little awkward recently so I put two and two together and figured it must be b/c of that and just more or less asked her to tell me honestly how she felt about me being bisexual. She just said basically “Idk, I feel like you’re going to be attracted to men more than you are me.” I said why she would think that and that I love her and she said “Well then why would you even bring it up to me if it wasn’t an issue?”

I had no clue how to respond to that and we haven’t really talked in a few days. It makes me think I shouldn’t have ever come out to her in the first place and that it would’ve been better for both of us. What exactly could I have done wrong here, and how exactly do I approach this with her now?

TL;DR: Told my GF of a year I was bisexual, she reacted negatively, and now I don’t what to say or do about it now, or what I did wrong.



Submitted September 30, 2019 at 11:44AM by ImmorXxX https://ift.tt/2n5Wkm7
I (20M) came out to my GF (21F) as bi, she reacted negatively. What now? I (20M) came out to my GF (21F) as bi, she reacted negatively. What now? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.