Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Old friend (23/f) reached out to me (22/m) out of the blue. Scared to even reply.

The backstory to this is super long. In short, I ended this friendship because of the romantic feelings I had for her. It wasn’t just because she didn’t feel the same. It was because she knew how I felt, took advantage of that, and I was never gonna get over in the positions she would continuously put me in.

All of that went down when we were 18 and seniors in high school. For lack of better terms, I “broke up” with her the week before we graduated. There were little bits of communication after, but we haven’t spoke in well over 4 years now.

Late last night, she texted me asking if I was still living around here, and if I’d like to meet up some time. I haven’t even opened the text yet. I’ve got all kinds of shit going through my head. This girl caused A LOT of mental issues for me. Took me over a year before I even remotely felt like I was over all that shit. And even just getting that text has reopened the shitstorm I thought I had finally buried away.

With all of that said, part of me wants to. Part of me thinks this is no big deal, and I know this isn’t some malicious attack plan or anything. I showed my sister (who basically kept me sane when I was losing my mind back in high school), and she laughed and told me she’d hate me forever if I didn’t just delete the text.

Kinda just looking for some outside opinions, possibly from people who have experienced something similar.

Tl;dr - Girl that I used to have romantic feelings for randomly asked to meet up. Not sure if I should or not.

EDIT: Thank you for all of the replies. I deleted the message. Not gonna pursue anything. Not worth it.

Edit 2: So she really is crazy. Turns out, her and her BF just broke up. Like, right before she texted me. She actually hit me up for a rebound. Insane lol



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 07:02PM by lineman77 https://ift.tt/2o8Dwmf
Old friend (23/f) reached out to me (22/m) out of the blue. Scared to even reply. Old friend (23/f) reached out to me (22/m) out of the blue. Scared to even reply. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.