Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [M28] girlfriend [25] jealous of baby

This might be a long one, sorry in advance but I really need advice. Me and my girlfriend, we will call her Jane, started dating about 2 years ago. She was incredibly charming and beautiful and we get along really well. I work a lot, and love doing so, she completely understood and was fine with dealing with my long hours. Well not too long after she started dating she got pregnant, a shock but I really cared about Jane so I wasn’t too devastated. She really was dead set on it being a boy, I didn’t really care but I the thought of a son made me happy. We found out it was a girl and I was still excited, her not so much. I could sense her mood change about the baby and pregnancy. I talked to my sister and she told me gender disappointment is a thing so I didn’t think anything else of it. Well now my daughter is 6 months old and I see the jealousy more and more each day. For example, like I said I work a lot and I feel like I don’t get to see my daughters milestones and her growing up so I ask Jane to send pictures and Jane will get upset asking why I don’t ask for pictures of her or one time I was home and my daughter had fallen asleep on the couch for a nap and Jane started to try and feel me up but I asked her to stop because the baby was right there and I wasn’t comfortable and then Jane said “always about the baby” and stormed off. Yesterday I commented how smart our baby was and Jane rolled her eyes and said “ I really don’t see it”. Or if anyone makes a comment about how beautiful my daughter is Jane will say “well I am beautiful so that’s why”. I don’t know what to do. I try to balance everything, work, my relationship, being a dad but I feel like I’m failing. Jane is a SAHM and I don’t mind because I make plenty financially but my sister made the comment the other day that when she went and visited, Jane didn’t really interact with our daughter and was on her phone most of the day. I googled and saw post partum depression is a thing so I asked Jane if maybe she wanted to go talk to someone and she got even more upset at me. I was thinking of proposing on our anniversary but now I’m worried. I don’t want her competing with my daughter the rest of my life. Any advice? I really don’t know what to do anymore. Is it something I am doing wrong?

tl;dr: girlfriend seems jealous of 6 month old baby, how do I fix this?



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 09:53AM by throwawayanon1299 https://ift.tt/2obXpZP
My [M28] girlfriend [25] jealous of baby My [M28] girlfriend [25] jealous of baby Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.