Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Did I (F21) turn down my classmate (M20) down too harshly?

On Tuesday, a classmate of mine asked if I wanted to watch movies at his dorm and maybe get dinner. I told him I’m too busy with life, but thank you... He asked about a different day and I told him, “Jeff, I am not interested”. Jeff wouldn’t let it go. He began asking me if I’m seeing someone and who, and I told him that’s none of his business. The goddamn semester started 6 weeks ago, I barely know you Jeff.

Jeff finally asks, “what do you want in a boyfriend” and I told him, “him to preferably have a vasectomy because I’m childfree”. He thought I was horrible to even say that and left class. I thought that would be it, but on Thursday he continued with this weird attitude. We had to give a partner advice on an assignment (peer review) and he walked across class to ask me. I told him “Jeff, I am not interest, I am good, okay”. He finally left me alone, but my friend thinks I was a little harsh and should have been nicer?

I prefer to not waste time and be very straight forward. I’m in a long distance relationship, I’m applying for grad school, I am taking 6 classes to graduate this semester, I do volunteer work, I got the gym, AND I work 15-20 hours a week. I do not need this in my life. I told him no multiple times, and he was being rude for not listening to my obvious rejections. But I am open to constructive critism from my friend and wonder if I am being too blunt? Is there a better way to reject someone?

Tdlr; Classmate asked me out and I got frustrated and gave him a hard no, is there a better way to reject someone?



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 11:14AM by Irisveile14 https://ift.tt/2lPpsxi
Did I (F21) turn down my classmate (M20) down too harshly? Did I (F21) turn down my classmate (M20) down too harshly? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.