Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mom (55F) is sad that me (17M) and my step sister (18F) aren’t close.

My mom and dad got a divorce when I was like 8 and my dad wanted nothing to do with either of us so I haven't seen him since. Until I was about 10 it was me and my mom living in a 2 bedroom apartment. When I was 11 tho my mom and this guy really hit it off and had serious talks of engagement, I was happy my mom was so happy but a little part of me was kinda scared for how this guy would act around me. He has a daughter 1 year older than me (so that made her 12). They were both pretty nice, me and the girl didn't hit it off right away, we didn't have a lot in common and would bicker sometimes. My mom and her dad were great at stopped that before it went to far tho. Her step dad was/is really really nice to me and I am happy my mom found love again. When I was 12 they got married and within the next month we all moved in together. I wasn't looking forward to moving in cause I didn't really like them, I just kinda tolerated them.

When we all moved in, it was nice to have an actual house for once and I know my mom was happy. Don't get me wrong both are great people, and I came to really like them both and other than small disputes and arguments with my step sister there never was any conflicts, I just didn't really consider either family and more like roommates. I think she felt the same way and when I turned 14 and she was 15 we really just started to ignore each other, sure we talked but it was so sporadic and in between I felt like I was living with a stranger. We are both very sociable people and leave the house a lot, and every time we did my mom or her dad would say to us "why don't you have your BROTHER tag along" or "how come you never invite your SISTER with you?" it gets very annoying. I am now 17 and she is 18, she has like a month left before she moves to college. I am happy for her but I don't feel anything and don't feel a need to hang out with her. This happened last sunday, I was gonna go over to my friends house and yet again my mom said "why don't you invite your sister?" at this point I just had it and told her "I don't consider her family and she doesn't consider ME family, I don't hate her but I have no interest in getting close with her". My mom seemed kinda sad by that and left, I ended up going to my friends place. Me and my mom have yet to speak again about this.

I feel bad but feel like it should be said, should I make more of an effort to be close with my step sister?

TL;DR: me and my step sister aren’t close and my mom Is sad by it.

THIS IS A REPOST I ADDED A BUT MORE CONTEXT TO MAKE SURE I GET MORE IN-DEPTH ADVICE!



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 02:42PM by Not_My_Fam6153 https://ift.tt/2nnWGUY
My mom (55F) is sad that me (17M) and my step sister (18F) aren’t close. My mom (55F) is sad that me (17M) and my step sister (18F) aren’t close. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.