Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I suspect my BF [22/m] has been upset with me [25/f] ever since he found out i'll have my period at an inconvenient time. Am I in the wrong here?

My boyfriend of nearly 3 years and I have been talking about going away for a long weekend this October as we both were feeling like we need some alone time. We live an hour apart from each other, both with our parents, and typically only get to see each other on saturdays and part of sunday. At first BF wasn't sure if he would be able to afford a weekend getaway, but within the past week we decided it was doable and I've since been looking into airbnbs for us to stay in for 2 nights. We are planning to go Columbus day weekend (my suggestion) as this maximizes the amount of time we can spend together (sat morn-mon night). Soon after he took the time off from work, I realized that I will be at the tail end of my period while we're away. This kind of sucks, but we do have period sex so I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

A few nights ago on the phone, me having my period on our trip came up. My boyfriend reacted in a way that was clearly disappointed and made remarks about cancelling the trip and going a different weekend. Commented about how I always have my period on vacations (um how do you think I feel, buddy? I have no control over when I get it). He basically made me feel like there is no point in us going if i'll be bleeding. Now I can get his disappointment to some extent as i'm sure he was picturing us having constant wild sex while we have alone time, but he honestly made me feel like thats the entire purpose of our trip. I was just looking forward to some long overdue adventures and couple time with him, and the way he reacted about something I have no control over did upset me. He was aware I was upset when we got off the phone. He tried to call me a couple of times afterwards, but I was annoyed and not in the mood to talk so I didn't answer his calls. I texted him back a bit later and said I just got out of the shower and was going to watch a movie. Once the movie ended, I texted him that I was going to bed.

Ever since then, he has been acting really distant. I texted him later that night in the middle of the night saying I couldn't sleep/kept waking up and all he said was "sucks". I've been texting him normally for the past few days, and all he is giving me is very curt/short responses and no emojis which is so unlike his usual texting style. I called him last night and he didn't answer, texted me awhile later saying he was sleeping. I called him again today and he did answer but he is out partying with friends so it was a 2 minute conversation:

"hi, I miss you, I feel like we haven't talked in like 3 days"

BF: "that's because we haven't"

"are you avoiding me?"

BF: "no i'm not"

"okay well go have fun with the boys, you can call me later if you get home early enough. I love you"

BF: "love you too"

So that's where we are at now. I actually have no idea if he is pissed about the period thing because he hasn't been communicating with me at all, but that's what I'm assuming since it's our last real interaction. Or maybe he's pissed that I didn't answer his phone call right after. I don't know, but he's clearly upset at me about something.

Am I in the wrong here reddit? Should I be apologizing for anything? I don't even have a clear picture of what he's upset about since he won't talk to me. How should I handle this? How do I fix this?

TLDR; Boyfriend has been texting back 1 word responses for days now after finding out I'll have my period on our long weekend trip. I suspect he might be angry at me about it, but I don't actually know for sure as he hasn't been communicating with me for 2-3 days now. He's being super distant right now, and I don't know if I'm in the wrong or not. What should I do?



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 03:10PM by 0cean5ide https://ift.tt/2nC7TB6
I suspect my BF [22/m] has been upset with me [25/f] ever since he found out i'll have my period at an inconvenient time. Am I in the wrong here? I suspect my BF [22/m] has been upset with me [25/f] ever since he found out i'll have my period at an inconvenient time. Am I in the wrong here? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.