Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

It's hard for me [27F] to accept that I'm not enough for BF [29M] of 3 months

Hi Reddit, I think I just need to rant about my breakup.

We met in July and the first month of dating was so wonderful. We saw each other every other day and had a blast together. We seemed compatible in almost every way possible. We talked about short-term goals and long-terms goals, and they aligned so well together. We both had thought that this could turn out to be a long-term relationship and I felt like I had finally found my person.

When August rolled in, the relationship had turned south. I was learning more about his lifestyle and his hobbies. It seemed like what was so perfect started to crack. He's a really active guy who jumps at any opportunity to do his sports - hiking and rock climbing. I'm more of a home body. But that's ok, I tried to do his hobbies with him. That helped us feel closer together and he said he was "falling" for me. Undeniably that was a huge positive reinforcement and every weekend we went away to climb and hike. Being extremely inexperienced in both sports, I felt myself stumbling a lot, and asked him for help and guidance. I didn't let that get to me because I knew if I tried, I would get better with time. I convinced him to try my hobbies as well - cycling, badminton, squash. He tried them with me once, and said he has no interest in them because they're too mild.

Three weeks go by and we finally decide to talk about how things are going. He is unsatisfied in the relationship because my hobbies bore him, and because I am so amateur at his sports. He feels like we can't really do outdoor sports together. I suggest we find a hobby that's new to both of us. He declines, saying his hobbies already take up much of his free time that he doesn't have any more time for new activities.

I remind him that I'm doing the best I can. Trying his sports is showing an interest and being as supportive as I can be; he acknowledges but says it's just not enough for him. He wants to be with someone who can match his outdoor skills so they can mountaineer instead of hike, so they can climb intense walls instead of the amateur learning wall. That's when I broke down. I had stepped outside of my comfort zone for him, and it sucks to know that's not enough for him. He comforts me and says he 'might regret breaking up with me, but right now he thinks this is the right thing to do.' He says one day I will find a guy who appreciates me for who I am and what I can offer.

After a few days he unfollows me on IG and tells me that he's doing this to get over me. The break up has been hard on him, as it has been on me as well. But we've agreed to be friends for now and kept the option of potentially seeing where things go in the future once he mellows out with his outdoor activities. To be honest his reasoning to break up is quite petty in my opinion. Right now I am more hurt over the fact that he isn't appreciative of my best efforts.

TDLR: I'm sad that my best efforts aren't enough for BF.



Submitted September 25, 2019 at 04:26PM by cameron259 https://ift.tt/2nzeSep
It's hard for me [27F] to accept that I'm not enough for BF [29M] of 3 months It's hard for me [27F] to accept that I'm not enough for BF [29M] of 3 months Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.