Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (27F) contain my jealousy?

Let me start off saying that I've worked my butt off since secondary school, I had perfect attendance, I got 11 A*s at GCSE, 3 A's at A-Level and was accepted to one of the best universities in the UK. My brother (21M) is the polar opposite of me. He's not hard working, he was baked almost every single day throughout secondary school, his grades were so bad they're not even worth mentioning, didn't go to university and spent a year lazing about in his room and getting baked. His room was pretty much a hotbox 24/7.

Despite all of this, I don't even know how exactly he's doing it but he's raking in money like nobodies business. I asked him about it and from what I can understand he programmes robots that invest money in things and that's it. He works like 2 hours a day, makes an insane amount of money and drives around in an Audi R8. Meanwhile, I'm here almost 30 years old, can pretty much guarantee that I'll never make as much as him even with decades of experience and driving an Astra.

Recently he's been talking about moving into an extremely expensive area of Canada and told me he wanted to pay off my student loans as a gift before he moves out, I blew up at him, told him to stop flashing his money and walked out. I recognize none of this is his fault, I feel terrible for yelling at him and I want to stop feeling jealous of him. Seeing him enjoying life when he hasn't ever worked for anything makes me feel like all the work I put into my education was completely pointless, like none of it matters.

TL;DR: My brother half-assed his way through life while I worked hard every single day. Now he's more successful than me and it feels like all the work I put in amounts to absolutely nothing.



Submitted September 26, 2019 at 01:06PM by throwaway48293792 https://ift.tt/2m9W84u
How do I (27F) contain my jealousy? How do I (27F) contain my jealousy? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.