Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [27F] hate going to football games with my husband [28M] of 3 years but he won't let me stay home.

I actually do like football, but the way my husband acts is what makes me hate going with him.

He is definitely a super fan and too involved in the games, I think. For one thing he acts so crazy at the games and says things that to me are wildly inappropriate. There have been more than a handful of times where he's nearly gotten into fights with fans of the other team over the years. It actually can be scary to be around him because he's so out of control and different from his normal self.

I also hate the way he talks to me if I try to be positive or supportive. I "don't know anything" so apparently I should just watch in silence and not say thing.

The other thing I hate is that if his team loses then I am guaranteed a rant for 2-4 hours after the game and sometimes even into Sunday. He will go on and on and on for the entire car ride back, supper and then for some time after that. I can pretty much bet that if his team losses then the rest of Saturday is over. Even if we have plans later, he will be in no mood to do anything but sulk. I get so tired of listening to him go into a meltdown whenever they lose!

I also hate it because I am 7 months pregnant, and the heat has been pretty brutal. It would be bad under normal circumstances, but I just don't have the energy to go and cheer for 3 hours after working all week. And then on Sunday's we are doing something with his family for most of the day so I don't have a chance to rest then either. I think if I wasn't pregnant I probably would just endure another year, but this and the fact that he expects us to go to all homes games again next year with a baby has finally pushed me past my limit.

I have tried to stay home in the past or work out a compromise where I miss 1-2 home games and don't have to travel for the road games he goes to, but he "needs" me to go. He says that all of his friends will have their wives there and he doesn't want to be alone. He also won't let me stay home since his parents and grandparents go to most games, so he says it is a family event and therefore mandatory. I brought this up again this year, and he was even more adamant because he wanted to "show me off" since we're pregnant this year whatever that means.

I don't know what to do because he says that I knew he was this way when I married him, which is true, and that I knew we'd be going to these games. I actually am fine with him going as much as he wants, but I'd like to take a few games off each year.

How do I get him to understand this and stop forcing me to go to every game with him? Am I really that bad for wanting to miss a few games and let him go by himself?

He is a good husband 99.9% of the time, but in this area he can go overboard and be pretty thoughtless. I have always indulged him though because he is so good the rest of the time.

Tl;dr: My husband expects me to always attend football games with him. I want to cut back but he won't let me. What do I do? How do I get him to respect the fact that I don't enjoy these games and want to stay home sometimes?



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 06:39PM by nofunhubby https://ift.tt/2mMmHx7
I [27F] hate going to football games with my husband [28M] of 3 years but he won't let me stay home. I [27F] hate going to football games with my husband [28M] of 3 years but he won't let me stay home. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.