Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My family just adopted an 8 year old girl with autism (im 17f), seeking advice

I know a lot of the posts on here are about romantic relationships but I was hoping I could get some advice about my new sibling. There will be no complaining here btw, I don't want to give the impression that I'm feeling overshadowed in any way. I finally have the little sister I've always wanted. We adopted my little sister Julie a bit older (my parents, who have wanted to adopt their entire lives, initially went in looking for a toddler but we immediately felt connected to this slightly older girl); she's an eight year old with high functioning autism and has intertwined into our lives so amazingly quickly for any adopted child or even person with autism.

It took her a moment to warm up to me since I don't think she understood at first the new relationship between us, but now she tells me she loves me all the time and gets excited to see me and calls me her big sister. Selfishly, I can say I'm her favorite family member, because she's told me so. I could not be more happy about this!!! I have a little brother and an older sister whom I love to bits but I'm so attached to Julie already.

However, when we hang out (all the time) we mostly just watch funny videos (she loves old memes, ex doge) and I wish we had more to do. I don't know what to do when hanging out with her? She doesn't seem to be interested in outdoor stuff or art currently. I want to bond with her through activities more. Any suggestions??

tl;dr - my family adopted an 8 yr old girl w autism and i love her and she loves me but i don't know how to hang out with her even though i really want to. or maybe i just wanted to gush about my little sister



Submitted September 30, 2019 at 05:23PM by heathcliffing https://ift.tt/2oKDTUg
My family just adopted an 8 year old girl with autism (im 17f), seeking advice My family just adopted an 8 year old girl with autism (im 17f), seeking advice Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.