Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My son (7M) likes playing with dolls and my husband (34M) doesn’t like it at all.

Sometimes my son plays with his sisters (7F) dolls and it isn’t an issue for me. Kids are twins so they do a lot of stuff together. (34F) I think it’s cute! Meanwhile, my husband doesn’t like it at all because it makes him uncomfortable. I asked husband why he doesn’t like it, and he said “it’s because he’s pretending to be someone.” I refute with, “if he plays with action figures, he’s pretending to be someone too.” To which he says it’s because our son is, “pretending to be a girl” when he’s playing with dolls. Ironically, I asked if he’d have a problem with our daughter playing with action figures and he said no at first until I pointed out that it’s almost the same as our son playing with dolls— to which he changed his response and says, “never mind she has to play with dolls only like how our son only plays with action figures.” I just can’t win this.

It’s funny because before we had children, there was a time we had dinner (we were like 21) he said if our future son played with dolls, he wouldn’t be happy and would convince said son that wasn’t appropriate. I remember having a brief argument with him about it and he said I’d have to fix how I felt about it because I thought there was no issue with it.

Fast forward to now and it’s come up... and I still haven’t changed my mind. I don’t care if my son plays with dolls.

How do we go about this? I don’t think I’m wrong for telling him there’s nothing wrong with our son playing with dolls and he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with stopping him. My husband has mentioned that maybe it is a him problem but I’m just having a hard time explaining to him that it doesn’t make our kids this or that. They’re 7.

TLDR: son plays with dolls and husband doesn’t like it. How do I approach this?



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 06:12PM by cantankerouslywrites https://ift.tt/2mjNuAR
My son (7M) likes playing with dolls and my husband (34M) doesn’t like it at all. My son (7M) likes playing with dolls and my husband (34M) doesn’t like it at all. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.