Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My birth parents (60s?m, 60s f) who bailed on me (30sf) are flaunting my success around town. How do I get these fools to shut their traps without bringing attention to it or sounding like a drama queen?

Hi, my brother (a year older) and myself were products of an affair. They wanted my brother.

My father stayed married and my mother took off with my brother leaving me with friends as a toddler. She says it was because I was ugly. Father informed but not interested when I went into foster care and I stayed there until I found out who they were at 18. I've read the court papers as to my foster care. They just didn't want me. My childhood was horrific. My father maintained contact with my mother and brother.

I have always lived 30 minutes away at most from my birth parents in the same area.

My grandmother was coincidentally my neighbour. She found out who I was through gossip and would send photos of me growing to my birth parents as a joke. She knew about the abuse and did nothing. She's dead.

I left 'home' at 17 was homeless and have done everything myself. My full and half siblings from both sides have been well looked after by my parents.

At 18+ I reached out to them and my father was remarried and made plans to see me repeatedly he never showed up for. He said it would upset his new family. My mother had a lot more children and had forgotten about me really. I contacted them when I had my son and that was it and I heard nothing back.

UNTIL. I've been in the media a fair bit and my friends have told me that my parents have been bragging about me and taking credit for how I look and my successes. My mother's side of the story is now that I was cruelly ripped from her breast and forced into foster care. She compares herself to the irish homes of unwed mothers and forced adoptions. Oh WOE IS HER. My father is now an example of the injustice of the court system against fathers and how this is just further proof! Oh WOE IS HIM.

They talk about how I look like so and so and that I wouldn't be here without them. That my nieces and nephews Ive never met are 'just like me' and how I should give them the same opportunities I have had in my career. How that's what we do for 'family'. How I need to 'grow up' and get past it.

I blocked contact after they wanted things, but this nonsense spreads easily and I am sick of being whispered about. I don't want anything off them, I want to be left alone. They want me to meet their other grandkids at parties and they've apologised for the govt/family/god possibly/ the great spaghetti monster keeping us apart.

If I contact them it is further fuel for the fire. If I don't stand up for myself I look heartless and cruel.

I don't want to leave just yet as my son is finishing school soon, I just want them to stop.

Any advice?

tl:dr parents terrible taking advantage of my successes how to stop them.



Submitted July 05, 2019 at 01:15AM by biyfriendnovel https://ift.tt/2JfzvVl
My birth parents (60s?m, 60s f) who bailed on me (30sf) are flaunting my success around town. How do I get these fools to shut their traps without bringing attention to it or sounding like a drama queen? My birth parents (60s?m, 60s f) who bailed on me (30sf) are flaunting my success around town. How do I get these fools to shut their traps without bringing attention to it or sounding like a drama queen? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.