Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28/M) am putting off proposing to my GF (27/F) until we can come to an agreement about her $300k in student loan debt and $20k in credit card debt

I’ve been dating my SO since October of last year and am strongly considering making this woman my wife...but

She has $290k in student loan debt and wants to wait 10 years for her loans to be forgiven.

She is a doctor, an OB GYN doctor and I work in a hospital earning about $50k annually. She wants to take on a mortgage NEXT year.

I am torn between switching fields and doing a code boot camp to increase my income by at least $10-15k to help pay off the debt sooner.

Ideally, if the chips fall into place correctly, we could strike a 3-4 year plan to pay off the debt halfway through her designated “plan” to depend on the government.

I want to have this conversation with her soon because I have plans on proposing sometime I. February (doing the ring fund soon).

Any tips on how to tackle debt as a couple? I don’t know where to start... and if we can’t come to a consensus on this; then I’ll indefinitely have to put off proposing. I’m in no way interested in being over half a million in debt... trying to build wealth here and yes, I do listen to Dave Ramsey...

TL; DR - GF has $300k in student loan debt and I want to propose but I’m putting it off until we can come to a consensus on how to tackle the debt.



Submitted July 30, 2019 at 03:27PM by PadThai42 https://ift.tt/330UaUT
I (28/M) am putting off proposing to my GF (27/F) until we can come to an agreement about her $300k in student loan debt and $20k in credit card debt I (28/M) am putting off proposing to my GF (27/F) until we can come to an agreement about her $300k in student loan debt and $20k in credit card debt Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.