Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My father(55?) refuses to acknowledge my gluten intolerance.

I guess the title says it all. (I don't know how to add a non romantic tag, sorry, I'll try and fix this.)

EDIT1: Firstly, thank you to everyone who has explained the difference between a gluten intolerance and an allergy. It seems that I got the terms mixed up and I'm not sure what one I have. Secondly, thank you to those people who have recommended foods. That's really helpful. ** Regarding what I'm going to do, I've decided that I'll book a doctor's appointment in hopes to get my father to understand what I have. Which would help me understand as well. ** I'll keep you guys updated. :)

I'm pretty young (14 F) and I live with my father. Recently, I had gotten my blood test results back that said I'm intolerant to gluten.

My father refuses to acknowledge this. At the end of the day, he cooks whatever he wants because he said he's the one "supplying" the money for this household.

As said before, I'm young. I offered to get a part time job so I could have a little extra cash so I could put it towards gluten free products and that we could learn together how to cook food without gluten in it. My father yelled and said that "I won't be able to handle a job." And called my idea silly.

I explained to him that I just need food without gluten in it, he can still eat it for all he wants, I can't. My stomach gets reaaaaallly sore eating gluten. I've had to miss school a couple of times because of how bad it gets.

I don't know, one time I was curled up on my bed crying because how bad the pain got and he walked in and yelled at me saying "I shouldn't eat gluten if it bothers me that much." I don't understand, I explained that he should buy products that don't have gluten in it at all or resort to foods that have a gluten free option but he goes back to his first argument ("I make the money.")

He belittles me for having this intolerance and it makes me feel like a failure because of this.

TL:DR Father doesn't want to buy gluten food items because he makes the money, therefore he wants to spend it on whatever he wants without asking for my opinion.

I don't really know what to do, please help me. Thank you.



Submitted July 31, 2019 at 08:03AM by ThrowAwaySquad777 https://ift.tt/2Ywuyjf
My father(55?) refuses to acknowledge my gluten intolerance. My father(55?) refuses to acknowledge my gluten intolerance. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.