Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (26/f) realizing the man (33/m) I'm dating is "out of my league". How do I stay cool?

We met online (similar app to Tinder) and have been out 3 times. Including having sex and a couple sleepovers, but the dates lasted 4ish hours each. It's going very well so far, but will likely be short term. He's here on a work contract, with opportunity to extend. Here for a year to a year and a half.

I am unsettled in my life. A short term relationship works well. Recent break up, moving next year, etc.. I've had great flings in the past with similar circumstance.

In the past, I'm usually "the smart one" if not more accomplished. Even when guys were older they were students or still "figuring life out".

This guy has made some huge positive changes for homelessness on a large scale, has a great career and two masters degrees, speaks multiple languages fluently, and remains down to earth. His ex partner works for the World Health Organization in Sweden (and he speaks of her positively). The more I learn about his past the more I'm confused why he's keen on dating me. I'm smart, but with few accomplishments and average looking - not exactly what most people think of for a smart/sexy fling.

But, we're not long term so it's not like I need to be wife material for this to be fun and passionate for both of us. So, how do I stay chill? The more I learn about him the more I'm intimidated and almost worried to speak for fear of saying something dumb.

(Most of his photos are unflattering and he's quite short for a man at 5'6", so part of me wonders if he just had bad luck online. He's very handsome and strong in real life.)

So, how to I accept that he's seeing me (for now) and not worry about the why's or if he could find someone better?

TL;DR: Dating someone very accomplished for the first time, how do I stop seconding guessing why and reduce my fear of saying something dumb?



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 08:38AM by notexcused https://ift.tt/2ZiLdEe
I'm (26/f) realizing the man (33/m) I'm dating is "out of my league". How do I stay cool? I'm (26/f) realizing the man (33/m) I'm dating is "out of my league". How do I stay cool? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.