Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (27F) feeling conflicting and frustrating feelings about my boyfriend (36) grabbing a drink with his female coworker (27F).

I guess I'm upset because I've never found my boyfriend's coworker to be particularly friendly towards me. She's not overtly mean but she'll definitely box me out of the conversation and steer the conversation towards work (which I can't contribute to because I don't work with them). Last time I bumped into her without my boyfriend present she told me that they were planning a camping trip together and made no suggestion that I was invited. I told all of this - my feelings, that interaction - to my boyfriend and he shrugged most of it off but clarified that the camping thing was just an idea that he knew would fall through and went along with it for the sake of friendliness.

I think I should mention that right now my boyfriend has a leg injury that has him in a cast and crutches. I've been running around taking care of him - grocery shopping, cooking, taking him to appointments, getting up early to take the dog to daycare, running errands. On top of a 3 hour round trip commute to work every day.

I'm. So. Tired.

But I also love that dummy so of course I would do anything for him and it didn't bother me until tonight.

Because of his injury, my boyfriend has been a homebody and when I've wanted to get out and blow off some steam, he hasn't wanted to join.

The other day I couldn't take the dog to daycare so my boyfriend had his coworker stop by the house and hang out with the dog for an hour. And i'm grateful for that favor. But...

What bothers me is that right now he's at a bar having drinks with her as a "thank you" for watching the dog. I hauled ass at work so I could leave early to pick him up from work and halfway home he mentions that he has plans with her and that "you can come if you want to".

That really got my blood boiling.

I'm jealous that he's putting in the effort to do something nice for her, but can't seem to muster up the energy to do something nice for me despite my giving him all my time for the last few weeks.

I realize that sometimes in relationships you start to take your partner for granted. I don't know how to bring up my frustration without sounding petty, because this feels petty.

tl;dr

I'm jealous that my boyfriend made time to hang out with his female coworker (who I dislike) but doesn't have the energy to go out with me despite me taking care of him around the clock.



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 12:40AM by reallysadlady https://ift.tt/2LJjEk3
I'm (27F) feeling conflicting and frustrating feelings about my boyfriend (36) grabbing a drink with his female coworker (27F). I'm (27F) feeling conflicting and frustrating feelings about my boyfriend (36) grabbing a drink with his female coworker (27F). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.