Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My fiancée (F36) lost her engagement ring

So a little bit of backstory. My fiancée and I (M29) got engaged in December 2018, when I proposed during the board game Family Feud. Everyone playing the game was in on the situation and the questions were totally doctored. When her and I were up against each other I proposed as an answer to a fake question. We live in New Mexico and go camping frequently in the summer. We usually go for 4-5 days at a time. Lilting backstory, I know.

Anyway, last weekend we went camping. Before going camping we discussed my fiancée not taking her ring with us since she doesn’t care for wearing rings 24/7. We knew we would be drinking, and considered that she would probably misplace it if she were drunk and took it off. Well, we go camping, and on the drive up to the campsite she realizes that her ring is in her purse and puts it on. We have lunch and get to the campsite. Camping was great. We got back home Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday evening my fiancée realizes that she doesn’t know where her ring is at all. We check the truck, the camper, our belongings and it’s not there. We talk to our friends with whom we went camping, and no one remembers her showing them the ring or wearing her ring at all. We spend the next few days retracing our steps over and over.

She is distraught that she lost the ring, and deep down I’m hurt that she lost it. I really don’t know how I should approach the situation. I know that accidents happen and that she already feels bad about the situation. So should I tell her I’m hurt that it’s lost? Should I go out and buy her a new equally expensive ring? Should we go on with an inexpensive ring?

Obviously I have financial concerns. I bought her a ring I had to finance and paid off about two months ago. It wasn’t cheap, but it also wasn’t exuberant. It’s something I probably can’t afford to get again. Can I file a claim with my insurance?

I don’t even know where to start with my situation. I’m just glad we’re still here for each other, and I don’t want her to feel like I’m hurt about it, or that I love her any less because she lost a material object.

TL;DR My fiancée lost her engagement ring camping. I’m hurt about it and don’t know how exactly to tell her what I feel. I also have no idea what financial recourse I should take.



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 10:02AM by Zekes2517 https://ift.tt/2MmGbD1
My fiancée (F36) lost her engagement ring My fiancée (F36) lost her engagement ring Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.