Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24 F) bf (24 M) is taking me being mugged extremely personally

I originally made this too long so I'm going to try to shorten it, hopefully it's detailed enough.

Last night, I was mugged when me and my bf were walking home from a restaurant. The guy was huge - like over 6' and heavyset. Me and my bf are both around 5'5", 5'6" and slim. I had a crossbody purse so when the guy went to grab it, he ended up snatching me down with it. My bf begins to start fighting the guy for it and throwing punches. I tell him to stop because who knows if this guy has a weapon or something and nothing of value is really in my purse either. I was scared of the guy hurting him. I just unwrapped the strap from around me and handed it to the guy and he ran off. My bf continued to try to grab it for a second while I'm telling him to stop and the guy pushes him to the ground. This all happened in like 2 minutes. I only had my card in there but I easily turned it off with my banking app, and my phone was in my back pocket so nothing was really lost. My wrist was hurt a little from falling and my purse strap scratched my neck a little but that was it.

However, my bf took this extremely hard. He said that he didn't protect me like he should have and basically said he let me down and was a horrible boyfriend and just was really distraught and embarrassed about it and being really hard on himself. That night we went to sleep, Im pretty sure he thought I was asleep but I was laying with my back against him and could feel his body shaking like he was sobbing and he was and tried to play it off like he wasn't. I tried talking to him about it and he didn't really want to talk about anything.

Today he's still been having a hard time with it no matter how much I insist I'm fine. Idk if it just hurt his ego really bad. I know he has insecurities regarding his size. I'm not really sure why he's reacted so strongly. We live in a big city. This happens. I'll be fine. How can I comfort him? Help him deal with this?

TLDR; Was mugged while walking home with my bf; He unsuccessfully tried to intervene, was shoved down; Says he feels like he should have been able to protect me, is having a hard time dealing with it. How can I assure him it's okay and help him deal with this?



Submitted July 28, 2019 at 02:44PM by ahg2727 https://ift.tt/30Y6kvV
My (24 F) bf (24 M) is taking me being mugged extremely personally My (24 F) bf (24 M) is taking me being mugged extremely personally Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.