Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26M] best friend [26M] just ‚broke up‘ with me, I’ve been having a hard time anyway & don’t know how to deal with it

I’ve been friends with Harry for 6 years and he was clearly my closest friend. I do have other friends but we’re not as emotionally close. Harry and me have some common interests but in other aspects we can be quite different, however I felt like we worked well, we met up about every 2 weeks, and he’s pretty much the only person I feel comfortable talking about any sort of private problems with.

We’ve never argued or had any obvious problems, in fact we were planning to go on vacation together next month. Well he just sent me a message saying sorry but he doesn’t want to go through with the vacation and he feels like we’ve become too different but ‚it's not personal‘, basically I guess dropping me as a friend.

I do think he used to see me as a good friend too, but I suppose we drifted apart and I didn’t notice.

I realise that is his right, and I won’t try to convince him otherwise. I just don’t really know how to deal with this right now. My life has been kind of falling apart in the last 2 years, and I had to cut my entire family (well, what remained of it) out of my life due to their abuse, I struggle with depression and chronical illness and Harry was one of the few things that kept me going strong, because at least I felt like I have one good friend. I didn’t talk to him much about my problems, mind you, so I don’t think burdening him was the issue. I now have noone but a few very casual friends. I do see a therapist but haven’t seen a lot of progress with my mood lately, so all of this just kind of makes me want to crawl into a dark corner forever.

How do you deal in a difficult time when you have basically no close relationships?

---

**tl,dr:** Best friend 'broke up' with me, now I basically have noone. How do I get myself through a hard time with no close relationships?



Submitted July 04, 2019 at 08:36AM by Broad_Butterfly https://ift.tt/2YHbDik
My [26M] best friend [26M] just ‚broke up‘ with me, I’ve been having a hard time anyway & don’t know how to deal with it My [26M] best friend [26M] just ‚broke up‘ with me, I’ve been having a hard time anyway & don’t know how to deal with it Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.