Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [24 M] can't get over the fact a girl I've been dating [24F] has lost interest.

I started speaking to this girl (I'll call her A) a few weeks ago on Tinder. She was by far the most interesting person I got chatting to on there, immediately we hit it off and we had loads to talk about. We have a huge amount in common, especially things I care about (humour, music taste, outlook on life to name a few).

We met up a few days later and it was the first time I've ever felt like I 'clicked' with someone. We both said how it felt like we'd known each other for ages and we had an amazing time. I ended up staying round as I'd missed my last train, and although we didn't plan to we ended up sleeping together.

Prior to meeting I was going into this with an open mind. I have not too long split up from my ex and although I've not casually dated before I was open to it. Now from the get go A was super affectionate. If was very lovey dovey and especially as I stayed round I felt completely comfortable around her. We were speaking a lot by this point, and in the following week or so she was calling me most days, keeping touch throughout the day and we hung out a couple more times.

I had to go away for work for the past few days and made an effort to stay in touch. Although I wasn't planning on it, I could feel myself falling for her and I wanted to pursue things with her seriously. It wasn't uncommon for her not to reply for s few hours, she has a busy work life and social life on weekends. All of a sudden she was replying less and less. Conversation that used to flow and stay constant suddenly was stagnant and I felt I was having to try and push things along to little effort most of the time. When I tried to arrange another meet she confessed she's recently single also and she was feeling a bit confused. We agreed she should take some time to think about it as things were moving fast, and she'd get back to me.

I gave her some space and didn't hear anything for days. Turns out she had an injury the following day and was feeling down, so we caught up a bit. I mentioned it wouldn't be wise to meetup, so left up to her if she'd like to meet again when she's better. She completely ignored that message (and other unrelated messages I'd sent) and wished me good night as I was heading off.

I know I have s habit to get ahead of myself, if I like someone I start imagining where things will go in the future. I was hoping we'd be able to meet again to talk about the possibility before her confession of her recent history. What confuses me is she went from being so open and honest with me to acting super cold. She hasn't downright said no (maybe implied it?), But I now recognise that she has been pulling away and it's quite obvious why. I'm so caught up in the feelings I've developed for her in the short time I'm pretty bummed things are suddenly going downhill. I'd feel shitty if she called things off, but part of me wishes I'd just have a definite answer because I can't stop going over and analysing all my actions and wondering what I've done wrong.

Tl;dr: girl I've been dating for a few weeks that I really hit it off with is suddenly distant. Felt like she was pulling away from convo and when I tried to arrange another meet she confessed she's confused because she's quite recently single. Don't know how to process this and accept that she's not interested anymore



Submitted July 04, 2019 at 07:59AM by mr_connery06 https://ift.tt/2FSu6Bt
I [24 M] can't get over the fact a girl I've been dating [24F] has lost interest. I [24 M] can't get over the fact a girl I've been dating [24F] has lost interest. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.