Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Help dealing with obnoxious comments from Fiancé’s father?

I’m (32F) visiting my fiancé (34M) and his family for the long holiday weekend. His father (60sM) makes lots of comments suggesting my fiancé is generally a bumbling fool or not handy. Almost with the implication that my fiancé isn’t masculine enough (which i don’t care about traditional gender roles). Mostly along the lines of “GrangerWeasley713, take a picture cause this is the only time you’ll see him do X.” or “Gee, fiancé, looks like GrangerWeasley is more competent than you.”

My fiancé is the middle of 3 and he works his tail off. From my perspective we compliment each other with our skills. I’ve never been one to hold to traditional gender roles. The comments don’t always bother my fiancé, but sometimes they do. I hate watching my fiancé get belittled (that’s my perspective) by his father. I want to say something to get his father to stop or at least think before he says these comments, but I also don’t want to damage the relationship I’m trying to establish with my fiancé’s father. I also don’t want to disempower my fiancé either. Fiancé seems to want to ignore the comments in general.

I’d appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

TL;DR!: My fiancé’s father implies he’s an incompetent male and it bugs me. I want to intervene without damaging relationships that are forming. Please help. Thanks!



Submitted July 07, 2019 at 06:18AM by GrangerWeasley713 https://ift.tt/2JieQQc
Help dealing with obnoxious comments from Fiancé’s father? Help dealing with obnoxious comments from Fiancé’s father? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.