Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My student (19?F) won't leave me (25F) alone.

This is such a stupid issue and I'm such an idiot for letting it become an issue.

I'm in grad school and part of the deal for my full ride is that I have to teach the undergrads. This is my first time teaching ever, which is part of the reason that I am not handling this well.

I have a student, who I will call Marla. I complimented Marla on her shirt on the first day of class because it was a shirt depicting characters from a video game I like. After class, she came up to me and asked if I liked the video game and I said yes. We chatted a little bit about it and then realized we were walking the same way, so we kept chatting along the way. It became clear to me that, while I am not super into this game anymore, Marla is SUPER into this game still, but whatever, I've been there. I thought, "cool, it's nice to have made a connection with a student," thinking that this would only be an occasional thing. Stupid me.

She has done this every day for the past two weeks. Today was my breaking point. We usually part at the dining hall because she eats lunch after class, but today she said she was going back to her dorm. She ended up following me all the way to my car, missing her stop at her dorm because she would not stop talking, and still did not stop. She talked at me for 40 MINUTES before I was finally able to tell her I had to go because I had plans (which I did), but not before she asked for my phone number, which I gave her because I'm an IDIOT who can't say no to anything and just wanted to leave at that point.

I don't know what to do. I feel really bad because this is 75% my fault and I think she might not have adjusted to college life well. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I don't want to be her friend (for multiple reasons). I know I should have shut this shit down the 2nd time it happen but now I feel like I'm already in too deep to stop it. But, I do not have time for this shit. Help.

TL;DR: I have a student that talks to me about mutual interests for at least 10 minutes every day after class. Today it was 40 minutes. I don't know what to do at this point.



Submitted August 31, 2018 at 04:49PM by alley-fish https://ift.tt/2wxRmjj
My student (19?F) won't leave me (25F) alone. My student (19?F) won't leave me (25F) alone. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.