Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (f/20) boyfriend (21/M) is losing everything but I find it hard to empathise with some aspects of this.

Okay, so it started with my boyfriend finding out his dad had a month to live (this was about 2 months ago, his dad has since passed.) Obviously, this is terrible, and I empathise with him strongly, as no one should lose their dad before his time.

However, my boyfriend drives his anger/sadness out. After he finds out his dad has a month to live, he has a break down, and goes for a drive. He drives 170 in a 110 zone (105 miles in a 68 zone) on a back country road and gets caught by police.

He is a mechanic, and needs his license for work, but will be going to court and losing his license for a minimum of 3 months. This means he will lose his job, and have to go back to his mum;s place, three hours away from where we live.

He is worried that he will lose me due to having to move back.

However, he expects me to feel sorry for him for losing his license. I don't feel sorry for him for speeding- I am gutted he lost his dad and will suppot him through his grief, but he lost his license himself.

He is very hurt by the fact I am not empathising with him losing his license for speeding, and says how he is "losing everything" when he did this to himself. I understand he was in shock and very upset, but he went way over the speed limit.

I am here for him 100% in his grief, but him losing his job and his license was his own doing.

Should I feel bad for not feeling bad for him losing his license?

tldr; boyfriend's dad was dying, he sped to get his sadness out and got caught, losing his license. While I am heartbroken and supporting him through his grief, I don't feel sorry for him losing his license.

EDIT: this is not the first time he has been caught over the speed limit



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 03:06PM by WeirdImprovement https://ift.tt/2Na9RzS
My (f/20) boyfriend (21/M) is losing everything but I find it hard to empathise with some aspects of this. My (f/20) boyfriend (21/M) is losing everything but I find it hard to empathise with some aspects of this. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.