Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [52F] and my husband [57M] are having issues with how to deal with my stay at home son [30M]

So 6 years ago my son was gainfully employed and seemed to be on a good track in life. Then one day at work he got injured, the ladder he was on gave out and he fell down. His leg was cut by the latter and he broke 2 fingers.

He sued and won a good sized settlement. He moved back home with us for a while because he wanted to use that settlement for a down payment on a house and figured he could save money by not paying rent. We obliged.

That was 6 years ago. Now he’s 30, living at home and doing absolutely nothing but smoking weed, getting drunk, playing video games and gambling online.

He still has money and apparently wins often enough on gambling that he doesn’t hurt for money, infact there’s been a couple of times where he tells us he won a few thousand on a bet. That’s good and all, he also pays the Internet and electric bills.

But he doesn’t leave the house! At all! And that is the problem. I’ll be honest, I love my son but I don’t want to live with him forever.

He orders food everyday, twice a day. He’s gained 200 pounds, doesn’t exercise, he doesn’t do shit except play his games and smoke more weed than willie Nelson.

My husband is okay with all of this because our son payed to repave our driveway and paint our kitchen. But what was also 5 years ago!

My son lives in our basement (lol yes I know the old joke). He has no social life whatsoever. But that wasn’t the case for the first couple of years. He had friends and girls over regularly but that stopped. He hasn’t spoken to anyone else but me, my husband and whoever delivers his food in years. Even our daughter cut ties with him when he didn’t go to her wedding.

I don’t want to say he has reverted because he doesn’t really ask us for anything. But still a 30 year old shouldn’t be living at home, not leaving the house for any reason.

I don’t know what to do anymore. My husband vetos my kick him out options so I’m stuck.

TLDR: my son stays home and doesn’t nothing at all



Submitted September 28, 2018 at 11:41AM by paperbagsarepaper https://ift.tt/2zCLx6c
I [52F] and my husband [57M] are having issues with how to deal with my stay at home son [30M] I [52F] and my husband [57M] are having issues with how to deal with my stay at home son [30M] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.