Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (20F) approach my dorm roommate (F23) about eating my food without asking?

For context, I moved into a student dorm about 5 days ago. Among other things, I got a special permission to bring in my mini fridge.

I'm severely underweight (BMI of 12.5), and I need to eat a lot. My parents send me a lot of specific food from home on top of the food I buy here. I told my roommate about this all. I also told her to put her stuff in the fridge whenever she needs to, since we don't have anything in the dorm. We're not even allowed to bring anything like a kettle or an electric stove in unless we get a special permission from the board.

Anyway, these days I'm out for most of the day, and I just came back about an hour ago. She was about to go on a party, and I didn't want to make a crowd by preparing my meal before she went (since we share a room, not an apartment). She told me she put some of her stuff in the fridge, and I was of course fine with it. So, when she left, I opened the fridge to get some stuff for dinner, and I noticed some of the stuff I had was gone. Nothing big, a package of sausages and some other small things, but what annoyed me the most is that she never said anything, never asked or anything. I'm very particular about personal space and asking for permission, so this..... really bothered me. She also used my sandwich toaster and left it uncleaned, leaving melted cheese to soldify and crumbs to spill all over me when I was getting it from the shelf.

This really sucks because she's been really nice and sweet to me so far, and I've had similar issues with my previous roommate (taking food, using my utensils and never washing them, rummaging through my stuff, terrible hygiene).

I don't want to create hostile environment. What is the best way to approach her about this? Thank you in advance.

tl;dr: Roommate takes my food without asking. What do I say without making it awkward?



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 12:25PM by min_imalist https://ift.tt/2xQ5KnE
How do I (20F) approach my dorm roommate (F23) about eating my food without asking? How do I (20F) approach my dorm roommate (F23) about eating my food without asking? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.