Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [M/24] am kind of disappointed with my best mate [M/24) after something happened last night.

Something really weird/disappointing happened last night and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

My best friend is, objectively speaking (and I know using "objective" in a context like this is controversial, but I'll do it), a lot more attractive than me. He's a tall, blonde, green-eyed dude with a nice body and a pretty masculine personality. His clothes are usually fancier than mine and he wears expensive colognes. I'm kind of boring when it comes to looks, in my opinion. I wouldn't consider myself hideous, but I'm certainly not very attractive by objective standards. I have a big nose and a jawline I'm not a fan of. I'm sort of skinny and have brown hair and brown eyes which are too common where I live. I'm not particularly masculine and probably not the type of guy girls will check out/comment on. He, on the other hand, always gets checked out/approached by women, and I have spotted girls literally telling their girl friends "look at that guy" while he walks by.

Needless to say that at parties/bars/events he gets a lot more attention than I do, and we're both used to that by now. I do get bothered by it sometimes and I have resented him in the past, but usually I just accept it. It's the way things are and he is my greatest friend after all.

Last night, though, things got very confusing to me. We went to a bar together and as we were drinking, two girls passed by us and, looking at me, said hello. He immediately said "well, they are clearly desperate to talk to me," which weirded me out a bit, as neither of them had been looking at him and, in my mind, they'd said hello specifically to me. But I figured he was probably right, it made sense, all things considered.

A few minutes later they walked past us again and my friend invited them to come sit at our table. They did. We started having a conversation, but, strangely, I noticed they were making eye contact with me the whole time and barely even turning their heads to him. They were smiling and asking me questions about my life. I was kind of taken aback by the situation and eventually realized they were actually interested in me, not him. There was no way they'd be ignoring him like that if that wasn't the case. At one point, one of the girls asked if we wanted to dance. They got away for a little bit and my friend said to me "well, you clearly won them over."

Unfortunately, mostly for irrelevant reasons, nothing happened. I wasn't in the mood for it and decided to go drink by myself, feeling good for finally getting some attention. Later in the night, however, to my surprise, my friend approached me and said he came across those same girls again and they told him they were actually interested in him all along. I felt like absolute shit and decided to go home.

Today I was thinking about it, though, and I came to the conclusion that perhaps he wasn't being truthful. Maybe he couldn't accept the fact that girls were actually into me and not him for once and he had to make something up in order to remind me that I'm lesser than him. I mean, I was at that table. I remember the girls looking at ME, smiling at ME and only making eye contact with him very occasionally. They weren't playing hard to get, they were literally not giving a crap about anything he had to say. They wanted to know where I worked, what university I went to, if I'd ever dated, if I'd ever been to Spain.

Maybe I'm just angry now, but even if the girls HAD told him that, why did he have to say it to me anyway? What was he trying to accomplish? Some kind of dominance? He knew I was happy about the situation. He has hundreds of matches on Tinder, he could get most girls at any party. Couldn't he let me have those two?

Maybe I need to revaluate this friendship after all.

What do you think? Am I just being bitter?

TL;DR: Friend way more attractive than me. Girls approached us at a bar but kept interacting with me only. Friend saw them again later on and claims they told him they were actually into him.



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 01:17PM by ambergrismarch https://ift.tt/2y1b5bc
I [M/24] am kind of disappointed with my best mate [M/24) after something happened last night. I [M/24] am kind of disappointed with my best mate [M/24) after something happened last night. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.