Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Her parents don't like me... and its always the same story!!

Me, I'm 26, I have son who will be 9 in November, I'm a sole parent, I've raised him by myself. I'll cut to the chase of it, grew up dirt poor, lived in a caravan, barely went to school, my dad was a Irish traveller, and a drunk, my mum died when i was a kid. I left home at 16, went and travelled the world. Settled in Africa for a while, worked on a game reserve. Back in the UK now, I work with rescue dogs. I like surfing and rugby, I hate Ice cream and queuing!

And then I met her: I'm mad about her. I think i've only actually been in love once before now but that started like slow burning thing, we got close over years of working together! This is totally different. We met, and she was shy, quiet, but there was just something about her, I wanted her to like me, I cared what she thought. She thought I was funny, and everytime she laughed it made me so happy - It still does!You know when you just want to be around someone all the time, you like them but you don't admit how much, but you kind of know that they like you too. As I got to know her more I just liked her more, we just got on so well, its like we'd never run out of stuff to talk about.I started giving her lifts home from where she worked, which was like a 15 min car journey, and i'd be looking forward to that time all day! This girl that was so quiet when i met her would just talk my ear off the whole way home and we'd end up sat in my car outsider her house for another 30mins!

We've been a 'official couple' for 4 months! She's 23, she works as a commercial solicitor for a big firm, went to a fancy private secondary school, she has a law degree, her parents are divorced but she still lives at home with her mum and her house is like the nicest house i've ever been in.I don't believe in leagues, or being out of someones league, but fact is when you look around - girls like her don't normally date guys like me.

Which I guess is where my issue comes in - her parents don't approve of me!! Her mum tolerates me, but she'll look down at me a little, I know shes told her that she could do better.Her dad I met for the first time this weekend! He did not approve! Doesn't like my level of education, my family background, the fact i have a son, doesn't like anything, doesn't like me!

And I wouldn't care because I love her, and I feel so good about us, except for the fact that its just the same out story over and over, my exs family had reservations about me from the second they heard anything about my past and it spelt the beginning of the end in ur relationship and I don't want that to happen again!What's a guy meant to do you know? I've tried so hard, I've fought so hard, to turn my life around, to make a better life for my son and yet people are always going to look at me and see me for my 'gypsy' blood, my teenage mistakes, my nomad years.

I don't know, I just needed to rant, it just gets to me sometimes, especially because i really really really like her, hell I love her and I don't want to screw it up.

TLDR... My girls parents don't think I'm good enough for her. I don't want it to destroy our relationship



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 11:03AM by JontyDuck https://ift.tt/2DEniZd
Her parents don't like me... and its always the same story!! Her parents don't like me... and its always the same story!! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.