Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I handle a male (50M) family member being inappropriate towards me (22F)?

*Tl;dr: my uncle (dad’s younger sister’s husband) is being inappropriate towards me and I don’t know what to do without causing huge tension in my family.

My uncle (50M) on my dad’s side of the family about a year and a half ago started to message me (22F) on instagram. It was totally innocent at the time, just asking me how I was doing and catching up. It’s my dad’s younger sister’s husband so we’re not related by blood. It progressively got to the point where he was making me uncomfortable, telling me how good I looked and that I needed to keep posting pictures of myself because “I’m too good looking not to share.” He recently has gotten more bold, and one time basically implied that I should send him nude pictures and tried to video chat me at 1am on instagram. He doesn’t act this way towards me in person because people have always been around, but I’m afraid if given the chance he would do something inappropriate in person. I don’t know what to do, because I’m afraid if I’ll block him it’ll cause drama/cause him to be this way to me in person since instagram is our only line of communication. I’m afraid if I cut that off he’ll have no choice but to act this way towards me I person.

I’m also afraid that if I tell my dad his solution will just be to sweep it under the rug to avoid drama and just don’t go around him or his family anymore, which is upsetting because I still want to see my cousins and aunts, and I also don’t want drama and it’ll stir up drama if we randomly stop coming around anymore.

I also don’t wanna tell my aunt, his wife, because I’m afraid she’ll either 1) not believe me even though I have screenshots to prove it, or 2) resent me for this even tho it’s totally not my fault, I’ve never answered/indulged his advances/strung him along. I just have no idea what to do. My sisters know, my sister’s husband knows, and they make sure that when we’re around him at family events that he stays away from me, which is starting to make my aunt catch on to something being wrong since I never go around her husband anymore and avoid him. What can I do that won’t hurt my family?



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 01:06PM by eoelker27 https://ift.tt/2y1aztP
How do I handle a male (50M) family member being inappropriate towards me (22F)? How do I handle a male (50M) family member being inappropriate towards me (22F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.