My (25F) marriage hasn’t been the same since I helped my sister (22F) run away from her engagement to my brother-in-law.
I grew up in a very strict household. I wasn’t allowed to interact with the opposite gender unless they were related to me. I was chaperoned constantly, and my father didn’t shy away from physical discipline. I was barely 17 when he introduced me to the man who would become my husband, and he most likely would’ve made us get married there and then if my husband hadn’t refused.
We got married 4 years ago and my life has changed dramatically for the better. My husband was wonderful to me and for the first time I was allowed to live life how I wanted to, and I didn’t have to constantly ask for permission or be worried about triggering my dad’s temper.
Then my sister called me crying and told me our dad was forcing her to marry my brother-in-law. My sister is different to me. She’s always rebelled despite the consequences, so when she told me she was going to run away I knew she meant it. My sister had no money or experience of what life outside of our family unit was like, so I helped her. My husband figured it out pretty quickly since he noticed the missing money. He was angry at me because she ran the night before the engagement party and it was extremely embarrassing for his family too.
Things between us have been different ever since. It’s like there’s a wall between us. I absolutely hate it, but I don’t know how to fix this. I obviously have no other relationship experience, and we’ve never fought outside of this issue so I’m really out of my element right now. Please help me fix this.
--
TL;DR – My sister ran away the night before her engagement party to my brother-in-law with my help. Ever since it feels like there’s a wall between my husband and me. I don’t know how to knock it down and I hate it.
Submitted May 23, 2021 at 04:05PM by ThrowRArunawaysis https://ift.tt/2T9pS1D


No comments:
Post a Comment