Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Im (28M) being out shined by my room-mate (27M) in everything

So to start off, I live with my best friend of over 10 years and he's honestly to greatest dude I know, I love him like a brother and he's always got my back no matter what. He's the kind of guy I strive to be like, but no matter what I do, he always out shines me and gets a lot of recognition for it.

For example, he went through a rough break up late last year and was at a really low point in life. I was able sympathise and relate with him due to going through a similar break up a year or so prior. One thing I suggest to him was to work on himself physically by hitting the gym seeing as I did the same after my break up. I told him that by working on my body, I've been able to lose weight, gain muscle and over all be in the best shape I've ever been in, and the mental benefits it has too. He agreed and signed up not long after.

Fast forward to now and he's physically astonishing, huge muscle mass and over all perfect physique. At the start it only took his a few weeks to have a 6 pack and quite a bit of muscle growth. He gets hit up quite often by very attractive women mainly because of his appearance, and is always complemented on his muscles. He's honest done amazing work with himself.

Me though? Nearly 2 years of working out hard 5 or so days a week eating right and I still don't have a 6 pack, not as muscular as him and rarely get complemented on my physical change, almost every one will say to me how amazing he looks or how big he's gotten. If you were to look at us standing side my side, you would think that he's been working out far longer than I have.

It's not just with working out but almost every thing else, like I've always been a drawer and pretty good at it too, he decides to take up drawing so I give him a few tips. One week in and everyone we know can't stop raving about how talented of a drawer he is.

I feel so worthless. Things just come so easily to him and gets a shit ton of praise, while I end up putting in a lot of effort for minimal reward or no recognition for the work I put in. What's the point trying when all you do is fail or no one seems to give a shit.

I think I'm starting to feel jaded towards him and I dont want jealousy to come between our friendship, and I know I shouldn't compare myself to him, but it's so hard not to when every other day there is at least one person who is telling how great he looks or how talented he is.

Tl;dr my room-mate is better at everything and It makes me feel like shit



Submitted May 28, 2021 at 06:53AM by generic_scum https://ift.tt/3oYVLG0
Im (28M) being out shined by my room-mate (27M) in everything Im (28M) being out shined by my room-mate (27M) in everything Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.