Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28F) told my stepsister (29F) I was getting a divorce and she immediately asked me if she could have the jewellery he bought me.

My stepsister and I were both only children who always wanted a sibling before our parents got married so we grew very close, very quickly. So, she was the first person I told I was getting a divorce.

Her response was “does that mean you’re going to get rid of all of that jewellery he bought you? Can I have it?”. Even when I asked her why that was her first response, she tried to play it off as a joke. Then she told me she knew it wasn’t going to last, that it was for the best and she gave me some weird motivational speech. Before I hung up, she asked me about the jewellery again.

I thought she would be more supportive and concerned about me, but she clearly only cared about the jewellery. Also, it really hurt to hear her say she knew it wasn’t going to last.

When she divorced her husband, I was there for her night and day, every single week for 4 months straight.

She has called me a few times since, I haven’t answered and has sent me multiple texts apologising but I just feel meh and I don’t want to speak to her right now. Our parents are now getting involved so I need advice on how to handle this and what to say to them.

TL;DR – Stepsister immediately asked me if she could have the jewellery my husband bought me after I told her we were divorcing. I haven’t spoken to her since and now our parents are getting involved.



Submitted May 28, 2021 at 05:32AM by ThrowRAcanihave https://ift.tt/2RRyn17
I (28F) told my stepsister (29F) I was getting a divorce and she immediately asked me if she could have the jewellery he bought me. I (28F) told my stepsister (29F) I was getting a divorce and she immediately asked me if she could have the jewellery he bought me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.