Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My dad acts like he's dating me in public without my consent.

Not sure of any other thread I could put this on. On mobile, bad at grammar, and other caveats applicable.

I (25F) am not particularly beautiful, but I look young and have exotic features so stand out in a crowd. My dad (60M) and I are very close, so we tend to go places just the two of us without my mom and brother. My dad is a very average-looking guy and we do not look alike.

Recently when the two of us have been doing our own thing together people have been making suggestive comments about the two of us. Anywhere from "You two are a beautiful couple" to "Damn, how did you get a babe like that?". The comments are never directed at me, and do not irk me as much as my dad's reactions do. Any time someone says something he'll kind of smile at them and egg it on, saying things like "I know, right?" or winking at them. I feel like being seen with me is like an ego thing for him, where he wants other guys to think he could get with a younger woman. I don't know how to broach the subject with him without him getting defensive or thinking I'm projecting.

Does anyone have advice on what I should say to him? Or if I should say anything at all? It's gotten to the point where whenever it's just the two of us I tense up when he touches me or I see someone staring.

Thank you all in advance.

TL;DR My dad likes to act like we're dating to catcallers and it makes my uncomfortable.



Submitted May 28, 2021 at 10:44PM by theunhappyharpist https://ift.tt/3fuMimB
My dad acts like he's dating me in public without my consent. My dad acts like he's dating me in public without my consent. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.