Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25F] boyfriend [25M] invited me to his family cookout. I overheard that his sisters don't want me there. Advice on going?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year. It was casual for 6 months and in the last 6 months we have gotten more serious. We have talked about moving in together etc. For some context, I'm white and my boyfriend is black. I live in a predominantly black area of town so most of my social circle/dating options are black people; which up until now has never really been an issue (like I've never had anyone not want to be my friend because we are different races). I'm including this just so you know the general context of the story.

So this weekend is my boyfriend and his dad's birthday, same day. Their family is having a huge cookout and my boyfriend invited me and said he thinks I should meet the extended family. I'm really nervous to meet everyone but excited. He told me to dress casual/comfortable and to bring soda and a dessert or chips. The invitation seemed very serious.

Fast forward to today, the day before the BBQ. I was facetiming with my boyfriend and he put the phone down in his living room, he went to the bathroom and left his phone in the living room, the camera facing the ceiling. Him and all his adult siblings live at home. While he was gone I ended up hearing his sisters talking about me coming and they were really unhappy about it, calling me names, mad that a white girl was coming and that I'm "trying to be black" and that i don't belong at a cookout, and that my boyfriend probably didn't actually want me there etc etc. I only heard some of it, they must have walked in and then out of the living room. So it really hurt my feelings.

Do I tell my bf this and cause family tension? Do I not go? Do I go and pretend I didn't hear it?

TL;DR my bf invited me to a family cookout and I found out his sisters don't want me there. Do I still go? Do I bring it up? Advice needed



Submitted May 29, 2021 at 09:54AM by paudjjj https://ift.tt/2RNfNr7
My [25F] boyfriend [25M] invited me to his family cookout. I overheard that his sisters don't want me there. Advice on going? My [25F] boyfriend [25M] invited me to his family cookout. I overheard that his sisters don't want me there. Advice on going? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.