Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend has gained weight and I feel shallow for caring

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a couple years now and have been talking about future marriage for the past couple weeks. Although I love him, I’m a little hung up on his weight. He’s always been a little chubby, but he’s gained about 30 lbs since we started dating. He used the be on the mid to upper end of the “normal” weight category and now is on the lower end of the “overweight” category. I’m very fit and athletic and try to look good for him, but he isn’t interested in the same. We both do outdoor activities and we’re both in shape (me more so than him but he still keeps up) but I just feel this repulsion towards his expanding waistline. He’s said he doesn’t want to lose weight but he wants to “slim a little” - no idea what that means but he won’t workout and he won’t eat healthy, no matter what encouragement or help I give him. Don’t get me wrong, I like a dad bod, but he’s got a very round gut and he’s also short so it is very visible. I have to physically bend my body to make room for his gut when we kiss and I feel shallow for saying this but it grosses me out. He thinks it’s funny and goes shirtless to play with his belly fat all the time. Besides this we have an amazing relationship. Same religion/politics/morals, same stance on kids and marriage, same hobbies, we support each other’s goals, our families like each other a lot, and our life plans line up about as well as we can hope for. Do i just suck it up and get over myself or is this unacceptable? Can we get past this?

please don’t share this post anywhere

tl:dr; boyfriend keeps getting fatter and i keep getting less attracted but we’re perfect otherwise



Submitted May 27, 2021 at 12:56PM by throwaway_cdcd https://ift.tt/34sA1ZD
Boyfriend has gained weight and I feel shallow for caring Boyfriend has gained weight and I feel shallow for caring Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.