I'm 17. I Iive with my dad, grandma, and grandpa. but ever since my grandpa died, my grandma, francine*, has been looking for love on facebook.
however, she met someone named greg* who I believe is scamming her. his whole profile revolves around her. he doesn't spell anything correctly. he even claims to be this millionaire doctor working in the army overseas. it's just so obviously fake.
greg has even convinced francine to send him money. because of this, my dad and I had to shut down her bank accounts. but francine won't believe us when we tell her that it's a scam.
she not only thinks that we are robbing her of all opportunities, but of her personal belongings. she thinks that my dad and I stole her jewelry, money, etc.
we don't know what to do. we are scared of her giving away money or signing documents that will result in us losing valuable assets like our house.
does anyone have any advice? is anyone able to relate? also, does francine sound like she has dementia? my dad suspects it but I'm not sure.
today it got to the point where francine tells me she's on the brink of not loving or trusting me anymore. just to be clear, she has NEVER said or implied that to me before in my life.
can't say it'd be the first time I've been disowned by a family member though.
also francine regularly endangers my dog and I'm beginning to believe that it's out of retaliation now. my dog almost died because of it the other day.
this is the 3rd time. I'm afraid I'm running low on miracles.
help.
TLDR: grandma won't believe me or trust me at all when I tell her that she's getting scammed. what do I do? can anyone relate? is she showing signs of dementia, or is she just like this?
*edited names
Submitted May 23, 2021 at 05:35PM by lucifersbananabread https://ift.tt/34bi01Y


No comments:
Post a Comment