Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (30f) coworkers’ (20’sf) pointed and laughed cause I continue to wear a mask after the mandate ended

I 30f work in a big box store in close quarters with my coworkers and customers.

For context I used to work in a nursing home for 4 years including the first 8 months of when coronavirus hit the usa. I’ve double masked, gowned and seen the horrors sweeping some of the worst hit states.

Fast forward to today at my job I’ve been at 7 months. I got the covid vaccines. Some of my coworkers did get the shot others did not.

The place I worked for along with my state finally lifted the mask mandate as of today. If you are vaccinated employees and shoppers do not need a mask. They suggest if you aren’t vaccinated you wear one but they legally can’t ask for proof. Customers and employees can still mask up if they want. I am very blessed to never have contracted covid during this pandemic.

My boss and coworker I was with this morning did not say anything about me continuing to wear a mask. My two coworkers pranced in giddy to not wear masks. That’s their right and choice.

They started staring at me and giggling asking why I’m still wearing a mask if I’m vaccinated.

Frankly I don’t feel comfortable yet removing it because I don’t know other peoples status including customers. That’s their right to go maskless. I am in very direct contact serving them.

My mother is 62 and in not the best health. My nephew has down syndome, had open heart surgery as a baby and restrictive lung disease. My boyfriend also has a heart condition and has a cadaver valve. I would feel awful passing anything on to them. My boyfriend had covid in april 2020 already. None of these family i mentioned should get vaccinated according to their doctors.

When my coworkers asked why I’m still wearing a mask I was annoyed and replied “ because my mom is older, my nephew has a lung condition and a cold can land him in the hospital and my boyfriend is also high risk.”

So Reddit am I being weird and unnecessary by wearing a mask? Was I wrong to be annoyed by something that wasn’t their business.

Tldr: my (30f)coworkers (20fs) stared and giggled at me for continuing to wear a mask despite the mandate in our state being lifted today.



Submitted May 28, 2021 at 08:21PM by shenanigansarefun https://ift.tt/3fw5D7d
My (30f) coworkers’ (20’sf) pointed and laughed cause I continue to wear a mask after the mandate ended My (30f) coworkers’ (20’sf) pointed and laughed cause I continue to wear a mask after the mandate ended Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.