Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(21F) my grandpa asked why my family wasn’t in my graduation photos, how can i explain that they don’t care about me.

(21F) I graduated this year from university. Many of my friends congratulated me on my accomplishments but honestly i really don’t feel anything towards it.

I missed my graduation(online), not on purpose but no one in my family care so there was no point for me to celebrate it. My friends had to text me and remind me about the ceremony, and by the time i saw it was all too late.

It was until afterwards my grandpa asked for graduation photos (He lives another country). So i staged a mini photoshoot (along with a video of me throwing the graduation cap). I didn’t care for the photos, i did it to please my grandpa who is probably the only person in family that really cares about my wellbeing. I really wanted him to be pleased, and praised me for graduating. His opinion really matters the most to me.

But when he texted me back he asked “OP where is everyone? Your mother? Sister? Why don’t i hear the crowd or any excitement?”

And suddenly, all of this emotion of hurt and brokenness just flooded into me. I really didn’t know what to say. How can i tell him that his daughter(my mother) doesn’t care about me. How can i tell him i was used to my birthdays being forgotten? How i was used to any accomplishments to be deem worthless? How do i even explain how lonely i felt without anyone to help me cope through the hard times and no one to share my happiness with?

I don’t know. I already came to accept the CEN of my parents but having it being pointed out by my grandpa feels even worst. A part is ready to tell him a half truth that there was no in-person ceremony because of covid but what about the rest?? I want to say something but If i see my grandpa heartbroken, ill be devastated.

TLDR: Do i tell my grandpa the reason why no one is at my graduation is because they don’t care?



Submitted May 27, 2021 at 06:42PM by tiredpersimmon https://ift.tt/3oXPri9
(21F) my grandpa asked why my family wasn’t in my graduation photos, how can i explain that they don’t care about me. (21F) my grandpa asked why my family wasn’t in my graduation photos, how can i explain that they don’t care about me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.