Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My family thinks I'm selfish for refusing to be my sister's surrogate.

My family seems to think I'm being an absolute monster right now. Some background: I'm 25 and recently married. I've known my whole life I have no interest in kids. Kids are fine, I don't personally want to go through the process of childbirth or raising a child.

My sister is 33F and has struggled with infertility for the better part of ten years. Her and her husband want kids desperately. I truly feel for them.

At our parents house last week, my sister joked that now I'm married people won't judge me for being pregnant. I said I still didn't want kids and she said "I meant for being my surrogate." I thought she was kidding at first, but she was serious. She said she assumed that of course I'd be her surrogate since I'm her sister and don't want kids of my own anyways.

I said that I don't want to go through a pregnancy at all, and that I absolutely wouldn't do a surrogacy. She didn't believe me initially and then she started screaming at me for being selfish. I couldn't imagine having to go through a pregnancy and then instantly being separated from a child, and honestly I don't understand why they can't just adopt.

My family has all tried calling me to reason with me. Every single one of them is siding with my sister. They've called me selfish for not "sharing my gift" with her. My mom says my sister would be my surrogate if I ever asked, but I'm not asking for this. I just feel grossed out by pregnancy and childbirth, and I can't imagine going through it. I'm being told I don't care about family and treated like an outcast.

TL/Dr my family is calling me selfish for refusing to be my sister's surrogate.



Submitted May 31, 2021 at 09:03PM by Throwaway2983844858 https://ift.tt/3c8YlnB
My family thinks I'm selfish for refusing to be my sister's surrogate. My family thinks I'm selfish for refusing to be my sister's surrogate. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.