TL;DR - my bf uses things i want as a prize if im “a good girl” as if im a child.
Text message between my bf and i:
Me: Can we go on a brunch date soon :)
Him: Depends, if youre a good girl and take care of all your responsibilities. You missed back day this week, so you have to make it up today or tomorrow. Monday begins a new week so it wont count.
** my bf is HUGE on me working out. Yes, it can be excessive. Whatever, i knew this going in i guess. I dont mind him reminding me that i should get my workout in today...but this?
I was in a really good mood and i saw people posting that theyre going out to eat again. We havent been on a date in a whole because of the shut down, so i sent him a text wanting to make plans. The way he responded made me feel like a child and i need to “earn” the things i want. It just rubs me the wrong way.
Sometimes, he will say stuff when he gets home like “have you been a good girl today?” - implying: did i get the things i needed to do done? Did i eat properly (diet)? I never liked it, but i never spoke up to it until now in this instance because wow. I have to earn my dates with you?
I mentioned to him how i dont like how he addressed this and asked if he can address it differently in the future. I dont want it to sound like a prize i need to earn...
He responds with “here we go again” as if im trying to pick a fight with him. So, expressing my feelings means i want to argue?
He doesnt want to discuss this further. Instead of apologizing. He said “from now on ill address your properly so you dont feel butthurt or feel some type of way” - he told me not to stress him out while he is at work.
We’ve been together for almost 5 years. I guess, maybe in some ways i set the standards where i allowed him to treat or talk to me in a certain way because ive always been so easy going. Idk.
Submitted June 20, 2020 at 02:21PM by hiddenanonymously https://ift.tt/3elKjOz


No comments:
Post a Comment