My [24F] boyfriend [26M] just told me that he's been cheating while astral projecting. Not sure where to go from here?
BF and I have been dating for 2 years now and living together for the past 9 months. In general, our relationship is great. We communicate really well, always talk through our issues, and I sure enjoy living with him more than I've enjoyed living with any other roommate I've ever had.
Really the only thing we seriously disagree on is spiritual beliefs. He's the type to believe in keeping crystals around, supplementing his diet with different herbs, and astral projecting. He's not an anti-vaxxer type or anything that feels insane, though. I mostly see it as something that makes him feel happier, more grounded, more connected to the universe, whatever. So I try to ignore this as much as I can and politely listen without arguing when it comes up in conversation.
A few days ago, he lets me know that there's something he needs to tell me but that he thinks will be difficult to talk about. I had absolutely no idea what he was about to say and steeled myself expecting the worst. He revealed to me that for the past couple of nights he had been astral projecting while asleep (??) and having sex with a woman from Egypt (?????).
I was literally speechless, like did not know whether to laugh or be upset or what. I asked him a few questions about it (how was he sure it was astral projecting and not just some sort of dream? Was she someone who he had met in real life at some point who might have just coincidentally appeared in some dreams?). He was pretty adamant in insisting that he and this stranger had met for the first time on the "astral plane" some nights ago and had been seeing one another since. I know he couldn't be using this as some sort of weird cover up for cheating in the real world since we've been quarantining together for months and basically haven't seen anyone in that time.
I'm not sure that I would consider this to even be cheating. It seems like a whole other level of crazy and I just don't even know where to begin responding to it. He seems really apologetic and like he wants me to say something or to denounce him. I don't even know what would be an appropriate way to respond in the slightest.
TL;DR: BF claimed he's been astral projecting in his sleep and meeting up with and sleeping with a woman in a foreign country on the "astral plane." This all sounds delusional to me and I don't know what to say or do.
Submitted June 20, 2020 at 05:29PM by bronded https://ift.tt/2zTJOfQ


No comments:
Post a Comment