I really need some help right now. I’m 4 months pregnant and I had to leave our apartment tonight and come to my mom’s house because my fiancé was screaming at me that my family sucks and that my siblings have great lives but our life sucks. This is not the first time this has happened. It’s almost a daily thing that he says my family is terrible and we are spoiled and treat him like garbage.
A little background, I have a brother and sister who are both married and live in nice homes in a nice town. My mom, brother and sister all live in this same town. My dad passed away last year. (Monday will be 1 year since he’s gone.)
My fiancé and I live in a crappy apartment a few towns over. We were supposed to get married in April but our wedding was canceled due to COVID. We are set to have a small, backyard wedding in August. I got pregnant in March. Sort of accident/sort of planned.
My mom called a few days ago saying she was thinking of buying an apartment in her town and wanted my fiancé and I to live there with the baby and pay under what the going rates are for 2 bedroom apartments in her town. I thought this was great news.
Well, my fiancé absolutely lost it and claims my mom should let us live there for free. He claims my mom should have paid for our wedding that never happened (my fiancé paid for the venue and my mom paid for the vendors like photographer, DJ, invitations, etc) he claims if she can buy a condo, she should have paid for the entire wedding. He claims on trip we took a couple years ago before we got engaged he tried talking to my mom about the wedding and money and she wanted nothing to do with it. And she acted like he was “trying to extort money from her.” I’m pretty sure I was there for the conversation and don’t remember it like that. I could be wrong because he won’t give me any other information on this conversation.
Without dragging this any longer, he said my brother and sister live like royalty while we live broke. Everything they do is wrong. My sister eats dinner at my moms 3 nights a week and he does not like that. My brother married a very wealthy woman and he really does not like that. He says my mom treats him like he’s small. He was also a little drunk I think. I’m really not sure. I didn’t actually see him drinking. It’s like a switch went off in his head and he just started bashing my mom, brother and sister (and their spouses.)
Am I missing something here? Does he have a point? Should my mom have paid for the wedding? Should she offer us free rent? Should I leave him and find an apartment on my own? I’m pregnant and scared. I don’t want to be a single mom but I don’t want to hear how much he hates my family on a daily basis. They all really love him and they have no idea how much he hates them all. As I was leaving he screamed “F*ck your family.”
TL:DR; My fiancé hates my family and claims they treat him like an outcast. They all seem to really like him. He thinks my mom should have paid for our wedding and should give us free rent. I’m pregnant and not sure if I can leave him.
Submitted June 20, 2020 at 05:47PM by toreliza https://ift.tt/30YiFDD


No comments:
Post a Comment