Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(25f) husband(27m) yelled at me for burning dinner.

TLDR: made dinner but It turned into a small fire in the grill. Husband yelled at me while I couldn’t explain anything.

So I have been staying at home during the outbreak and making dinner almost everyday. When I’m too tired my husband will make dinner and use the grill. Today I decided I wasn’t too tired and I would make his favorite meal on the grill. I fired it up but it was burning hot bc it needed cleaned. I put it on low and threw the food on anyway.

A few minutes later my husband came home from work and I wanted to show him a quick glance of the baby’s closet ( I’m pregnant & I finally got baby’s clothes organized). In that short time everything on the grill decided to catch fire and burn up. It had been at most 8 minutes. My husband just started going off about it. “Did you just forget about the fcking grill” “Close the fcking door!” slamming doors (he yelled at me to run inside and grab a spatula and I didn’t close it behind me and some smoke got in the house) and just griping at me.

I ran back out with a spatula and jokingly said “well I guess I’ll order a pizza” he just started going off again. I didn’t get a chance to even explain that they had only been on there a few minutes and the grill needed cleaned. I went back into the house and decided to cool down bc I started to cry. My husband came in after me and continued to berate me instead of recognizing that I was upset. So now I’ve locked myself in our bedroom and I can’t stop crying and over analyzing. I feel that at no point was anything in danger of burning down, just smoky.

My husband doesn’t handle stress well and I’m hormonal with this pregnancy so any advice on what to do next would be appreciated. I don’t feel as though an accidental fire warranted such a reaction. Did I under react to a grill fire? How to approach my husband about how it made me feel?



Submitted April 22, 2020 at 04:45PM by macaronipenis https://ift.tt/2RZYOi9
My(25f) husband(27m) yelled at me for burning dinner. My(25f) husband(27m) yelled at me for burning dinner. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.