My (19F) girlfriend (23F) always asks for space when facing conflict, even when small. I am confused if it is her way to not talk to me as punishment or she needs to regain her energy.
My (23F) girlfriend and I (19F) have been together for 4 months now. Whenever we face a problem or conflict she asks for space. I am happy to give her the space she needs to recoup normally. However, when we are facing a conflict and she asks for space I find it bothers me, and I'm not sure why.
When facing conflict we will discuss it or argue, but then it seems like she gets done with dealing with it. At that point she asks for space, (Since she is drained from the interaction). I always give her the space, but it makes me feel so shitty the whole time, like I'm being punished.
She won't talk to me for the whole day, then by the end of the night she might discuss it further or just talk to me like nothing happened. I put arguments behind me quiet easily as long as the problem is discussed. However, I feel left hanging when she just needs space and I can't solve it anymore, so it leaves me really upset. I find negative interactions drain her easily, so when she asks for space I assume that's why.
However, often my gf's parents will ignore her if they get upset with her as a punishment. I know it is hard on her, and today I started to wonder if that's what's she is doing to me. It makes me wonder if this is a way of doing it, but masking it differently. Since I never feel good about the space that is being taken. I could be completely wrong, and will talk to her about it. As of now I am concerned if she is doing this to punish me or she truly just needs space from it all. Maybe both.
Tdlr; my girlfriend asks for space no matter the conflict, I am confused if it is a way to punish me for the conflict like her parents did to her. Or she truly needs the space to feel better.
Submitted April 22, 2020 at 12:45PM by emitcode https://ift.tt/2VxzCBD


No comments:
Post a Comment