Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My roommate [32M]wants me to keep dog in my room after she gets into his bathroom trash can full of food remnants

I’ve been living with this roommate for about 6 months. He isn’t great, but no major issues. He really likes my dog and is nice to her so I can’t really complain. When I leave for work or school, she is left in the main house area for 4-5 hours max with access to outside and food/water. She has never had any issues until recently and tends to spend the entire day looking out the window at the neighborhood kids.

Recently my roommate (who is not knows for his cleanliness) decided to start disposing of food and his cat’s food containers in the trash can in his bathroom which is accessible to the dog. (His bathroom would be the “guest bathroom”. Located at end of hall in main house) She has never shown any interest in the trash can other than if something really smells bad in there. Since he’s been disposing of extra smelly things, she’s been getting in the trash when I leave. I asked him yesterday to keep the bathroom door shut and he agreed. Today I came home and he told me she had been in the trash can multiple times and that I now need to keep her in my room.

I purposely leave my dog in the main house so that she can look out the window and have access to inside and out. She’s never has any issues with bothering anyone until now. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to expect him to either keep his trash can empty/clean or keep the door closed. Should my dog get in the trash? No. But should I really blame her when he throws half a pastrami sandwich in the open top trash can? I don’t think so.

Not sure if it matters, but I am the official tenant of this house. He sublets from me.

Am I being irrational? How do I address this situation?

TL;DR. Dog got into trash with food remnants in it after solution was reached to fix problem. Now he wants me to leave my dog in bedroom with no access to food/water while I’m gone.



Submitted September 20, 2019 at 06:22PM by bara91 https://ift.tt/30CMJ3N
My roommate [32M]wants me to keep dog in my room after she gets into his bathroom trash can full of food remnants My roommate [32M]wants me to keep dog in my room after she gets into his bathroom trash can full of food remnants Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 21, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.