Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [22M] feel I have made a huge mistake by calling children's aid on my girlfriend[22F]

This whole situation is so hard for me to even try and explain.

To start, my girlfriend and I of almost a year(although we did date for 3 years from grade 7 to 10) have a child together[1 month], she has 2 [4 and 1] other children with another person.

3 days ago we got into a fight as soon as she woke up in the morning. I had been feeding out son, who is now a month old, and I was getting a little frustrated with him because he being fussy while drinking the bottle. The fight and argument was about her and I, our problems. Etc. And she just got progressively worse with anger.

A little time goes by in our fight and her oldest son(4) did something to her middle son(1) she didn't like, so she flew inside from the balcony and screamed at him to get in his room on his bed. And stay there. And anytime after that she would yell at him to stay on his bed. During our fight, she had punched her framed diploma on the wall and shattered the glass on the floor.

Now the reason I called children's aid, was because of this incident, and because a week prior to this, I had left for a few hours to help my father with yard work, returning, her middle son(1) was already in bed. The next morning when he gets up I go in and get him and his back is bruised, part of which looked like finger marks. I confronted my girlfriend about it and she said that it was from patting him to get him to sleep. This is normal practice for us to have to pat him, but there is never enough force for there to be a brusie on his back.

The reason I feel I made a huge mistake is, I love this girl, I want to make a life with her and raise our child together. I don't believe she is abusive to her children. I just believe she has a lot going on in her head. The combination of the problem her and I have together and the children, on top of going through hormone swings from just giving birth is what I feel this is. I feel it's an isolated incident.

I just don't know how to continue further. As of right now, children's aid is doing an investigation and has placed the children in my car while she stays at her mother's house, allowing her to see the children when her mother is off work as she has to be supervised as of right now.

I want to make a life with this girl but I think this has gone too far. I don't know if she'll ever try to work out our difference with me so we can be a little family again.

Any advise or just someone to talk to would be helpful. I don't have much support other than my mother.

Tldr; I feel my girlfriend is having mental health issues and has taken it out of the children unintentionally not that she is abusive to her children. Called cps to get help, investigation is being done. But I would like to reconcile with her.



Submitted July 06, 2019 at 01:39PM by Ganon_Dragmire https://ift.tt/2S1gnx6
I [22M] feel I have made a huge mistake by calling children's aid on my girlfriend[22F] I [22M] feel I have made a huge mistake by calling children's aid on my girlfriend[22F] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.