Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How To "Break Up" With a Friend

Let me give you some backstory. I (29F) have known this girl (30F) for about 6 years, and at some point we were pretty good friends. The first issue that happened was when she ended up coming on a family trip 4 years ago (mom, aunt, sister, and me). During the trip, pretty much all she did was whine, and didn't seem to want to do anything my family or I wanted to do, and made us feel bad for not doing what she wanted to do. Aka we are NOT compatible travel buddies. Myself (and my family) vowed to never travel with her again after that, as she made the trip pretty unpleasant. I still hung out with her a bit after that, but she would keep incessantly asking when "our next trip" was, and all my changing the subject never gave her a hint. In fact, that seemed to be her sole focus every time we'd meet up.

A couple years after that, my sister got married. At her request, I gave sis a list of people I'd "like to see invited", which included this friend (let's call her "Jane"). Ultimately, it was not my wedding, so my sister invited my friends who she also likes, which didn't include Jane. Well when Jane found out about this, boy did she guilt trip the HELL out of me. "Oh, I thought we were friends," etc etc. No matter how many times I explained it was not MY wedding or MY decision, she laid the guilt on THICK, and it was then that I decided I was over ALL the guilt trips and no longer wanted to hang out.

Problem is, she will NOT take a hint. No matter how often I'm "busy", she keeps asking to hang out. Thing is, I DO feel guilty. I don't think she's a bad person, and I also don't think she has many other friends, so she clings to me. I feel bad, but I've also just outgrown the friendship. Honestly, drama aside, we don't even have that much in common anymore. I don't want to be rude or mean, and I don't want to hurt her feelings... What do I do?

TL;DR I've outgrown a relationship with a guilt-tripping friend who will not take a hint that I don't want to hang out anymore, and need advice.



Submitted July 04, 2019 at 03:54AM by GirlOnFiyah12 https://ift.tt/2XsXyZp
How To "Break Up" With a Friend How To "Break Up" With a Friend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.