Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

e [38M] and my cousin [48M] have an informal exchange of services over the last 4 years and I dont know how to end it

i purchased a lake house in the same town as my somewhat estranged family about 5 years ago... i'd never had a relationship with my cousin prior to this (me growing up out state) and it seemed like a great opportunity to rekindle with my relatives and enjoy the lake/nature.

The lake is a very popular lake, and my cousin had a slip at the marina + pontoon before i moved.. A slip is about $3k a year... He runs a lawn service and doesn't have a lot of money, so we made a deal where he could dock his boat at my dock in exchange for taking care of the garden.

Over the years, he mows about 10 times a summer and that's it.. he does a pretty poor job, running over dog toys, not edging etc.. He lets family and friends use his boat, so there's people coming and going every day.. There's been a couple situations where his friends left the gate open and my dog got out (3x last summer).. I feel I have no privacy, and the deal isn't really beneficial to me.. My cousin is a known 'hot head' and could stop talking to me if i end it.... It would definitely put a strain on our relationship.

What do I do? How can i stop our agreement without hurting our relationship? I have plenty of malfeasances, but he's not the type to fix them.. I would like to stop him docking his boat over the summer and find someone else to do the lawn work.

tl;dr i helped out my cousin with an exchange of services, the deal has soured for me and i want out but in a way that doesn't destroy the relationship



Submitted December 01, 2018 at 01:05AM by faceofafox https://ift.tt/2FPhzko
e [38M] and my cousin [48M] have an informal exchange of services over the last 4 years and I dont know how to end it e [38M] and my cousin [48M] have an informal exchange of services over the last 4 years and I dont know how to end it Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.